About Me

My photo
Philley. Biomedical Science graduate. I'm on the graduate route medicine voyage. This is a ~lifestyle blog~ -in which I will drop in quotes unnecessarily.

Friday, 8 March 2013

En route to medicine! :)


 “Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity.
~ Hippocrates

I have been made Communications Secretary of my university's medical society for next university year! :)

(4/5ths) Medical Society Committee 2013/2014! (I'm the girl on the left)

Ergo, my voyage to medicine is so much closer! Yep I'm on the graduate route entry medicine adventure. I'm unsure about a lot of things; I second guess myself at all opportunities, and worry an magnitude of things. But the one thing I am sure of, is that I want to study medicine, and I want to help an abundance of people anyway I can.

 Lots of people on my degree came because they missed out on their medicine offer. It’s a harsh but true reality for biomedical sciences. It’s a shame because the degree is so substantial in itself. Consequently many of my peers have realised the potential of the biomedical sciences route as opposed to medicine. First year it was mostly medicine talk, now it’s: taught masters, research masters, PhDs pharmaceutical companies, gaining BMS status and labs… labs labs labs. Then there’s the few who want to get as far away from science as possible.  Even though I appreciate all the amazing routes my degree allows, I still haven’t wavered from medicine. 

So this month I’ve paid to go on a course that informs hopefully graduates on the graduate medicine route. I’m also going to crack down with UKCAT and GAMSAT revision and sorting work experience.

I follow a great deal of undergrad- grad medicine success stories (http://takeupthystethoscopeandwalk.blogspot.co.uk/,http://grumpybiomed.blogspot.co.uk/,http://thegraduatemedic.blogspot.com/), they're all really inspiring.  I'm not saying this blog will just be about G.E.M, but I'm not saying it won't. This is a 'me' blog :) and medicine is something that important to me.
























-Philley x



4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! I remember your struggle and hard work to get into a uni you love. You've worked so so so so so hard to get to where you are right now and you deserve to go even further, which you will!! I'm so glad you never gave up on your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new position!

    Perhaps you already know this, but UKCAT/GAMSAT revision is best saved for the summer holiday in my opinion - my 2nd year exams were really tough, I couldn't imagine preparing for them and two other exams at the same time!

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you very much! :)

      For some reason I thought they were early summer, but have seen they are much later. Thank-you for the heads up! :)I was very worried about having too many things to revise for and spreading myself too thinly.

      By the way, I really enjoy reading your blog, the new on and the old one. You tend to only see the horrible stats online, so its very nice to see a success story, and you very much deserved it! :)

      Delete